The Benefits Of Calcium
It is vital for life that we have calcium in our bodies. Calcium is crucial for healthy bones and teeth, as is common knowledge. Aside from that, calcium also helps our heart beat, muscles contract, and blood clot. We store 99 percent of the calcium in our bodies in our bones and teeth.
Our needs change at different life stages
- About 1000 mg daily is required for adults.
- Adolescents require more calcium (1300 mg per day) to support their growth.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing need an additional 1000–1300 mg of calcium daily for the growth of their bones and the development of their unborn child.
- As bone loss quickens with age, older persons require more calcium (1300 mg daily) to preserve their bone mass.
Consume the following foods to get the calcium you need:
- 1 Serve Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™
- Two slices of cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- One pottle of yoghurt or dairy food
Nondairy foods that contain calcium for people who don't eat dairy include:
- Fortified soy, nut and rice milk
- Almonds and sesame seeds